Care and Cleaning
- Sterling Silver 925: To care for your silver, wash your silver by hand in hot, sudsy water, rinse well in clean warm water and hand-dry thoroughly. For silver that is tarnished, clean with a good quality silver polish and avoid "dip" polishes. Alternatively for a more natural cleaning method pour 1/3 cup of white vinegar into a bowl, and add two tablespoons of baking soda. As the mixture froths, pop your silver jewellery in and let it sit for two to three hours. Remove from the mixture, rinse, dry, and enjoy your shimmering jewellery!
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is a durable metal and very rarely requires deep cleaning, should you wish to freshen up your piece, there are two options. Pour some hot water in a small bowl, and add some mild hand soap or dish washing soap, dip a soft cloth into the water and wash the piece until clean, towel dry thoroughly and buff with a dry soft cloth. Alternatively combine baking soda and water in a bowl (creating a toothpaste-like consistency) and using a soft toothbrush or a cloth wash the piece thoroughly, rinse with warm water and towel dry for a shiny finish.
- Gold Plating: You should be able to maintain high-quality gold-plated jewellery for up to five years or more with proper care. It's really a matter of keeping it away from certain elements, salt, chemicals, cleaners or perfumes. All of our plated jewellery is made from sterling silver or steel and is then coated in our gold plating. Our gold plating is water resistant and non-tarnish (no green fingers here!) however after time and consistent use, as all things do, there may be signs of wear.
- Plating: You should be able to maintain high-quality gold-plated jewellery for up to five years or more with proper care. It's really a matter of keeping it away from certain elements, salt, chemicals, cleaners or perfumes. All of our plated jewellery is made from sterling silver or steel and is then coated in our gold plating. Our gold plating is water resistant and non-tarnish (no green fingers here!) however after time and consistent use, as all things do, there may be signs of wear. Anti tarnish: designed to prevent the accumulation of tarnish, store in the anti-tarnish bag provided and wipe with anti-tarnish soft cloths
- Anti tarnish dust bag: designed to prevent the accumulation of tarnish, store in the anti-tarnish bag provided and wipe with anti-tarnish soft cloths
- Vegan Leather: For some of our notebooks and bags we have decided on using vegan leather. What is vegan leather you ask? Vegan leather is a material that mimics leather, but is created from plant products instead of animal skins. Vegan leather can be made from natural resources such as pineapple leaves, cork trees, apple peels, and even recycled plastics. When comparing how long vegan leather lasts, it's clear that vegan leathers tend to be more durable than pleather and are biodegradable where as real leather treated with heavy chemicals is not. Vegan leather creates less carbon dioxide emissions, its production requires fewer to no potentially toxic chemicals to produce and it also requires less water to produce. Vegan leather is cruelty free and can be produced in some patterns and colours leather can not provide.
Maintaining Your Products:
We recommend warm water with some gentle soap and a non-abrasive cloth. Wring the cloth out so that it's lightly damp and wipe all over. Follow up by drying it thoroughly with a soft cloth such as a microfiber cloth. This stops general wear and tear and everyday marks from building up and making the surface look grubby. we recommend that you remove it when swimming or bathing in a pool or hot tub with chlorinated water; and when using any harsh chemicals, lotions or perfumes. Avoid contact with liquids, chemical dips, or aerosols which could cause discoloration or damage to leather.
- Cotton: Our baseball caps and some of our shirts and accessories may be made from cotton fabric or contain cotton threads, items containing this material will be labelled. Wash and drying instructions are as follows : 1. For our baseball caps we recommend not machine washing them as the visor / brims may become deformed or bent out of shape from the hot water and vigorous movement from the machine. To wash your oh divine clothing we recommend using a gentle detergent and air drying or drying on low heat for the best results and to preserve the integrity of your piece for years to come.
- Hand Wash: For the best results add a couple drops of laundry detergent to some warm water, soak the hat in the water for about 15 minutes. Rinse the hat thoroughly with cool or warm water and gently pat dry with a towel. We recommend air drying your baseball cap for the best results. We advise against putting your cap in the dryer as this may shrink or deform it.
- Acrylic: Some of our beanies have acrylic fibres in them to provide stretch. Fibres like acrylic or synthetic blends can be machine washed. Turn the hat inside out and always use the washer's gentle cycle and cool water. Allow the hat to air dry to prevent shrinking and prevent pilling (bobbling). High temperatures within the drier can effect the elastic in the hat, so if you must, we recommend drying on low heat.
- Do not use heavy chemicals such as acetone, alcohol, strong perfumes or detergents around or while wearing your purchases. Our stainless steel and silver pieces are tough nuts, but our plated pieces (although are non tarnish) do not respond well to the acids in perfumes or other heavy chemicals. You should be able to maintain high-quality gold-plated jewellery for up to five years or longer with proper care. It's really a matter of keeping it away from certain elements— chemicals, cleaners or perfumes.
- Our jewellery is water resistant and will not tarnish should it come into contact with either fresh or salt water. Drying directly after contact with salt water is advised to prolong the life of your piece.
- It is safe to wash your hands with mild soaps while wearing the jewellery, for example dove soap, without it having any effect on your pieces.
- We recommend avoiding repeated contact with abrasive substances such as exfoliants, sand or rough surfaces as this may leave micro scratches or scoring on the polished surface. Repeated use may effect the polished finish of your jewellery.
- Mild abrasives will not have any noticeable effects on our jewellery that already has a rough finish.
- Wash inside out. Wash along with other similar coloured or synthetic fabrics and avoid anything abrasive such as denim or garments with Velcro as these can pluck the fabric.
If you have any questions drop us an email to email@example.com and we will be ready to help.
- While charm bracelets are safe for everyday wear, here are a few things to bear in mind:
- Charms and/or bracelets can get caught on other objects. We advise wearing your charm bracelet on your non-primary wrist (so if you are right handed wear it on your left etc) so that the charms will not get hit or rubbed as much rather than if they were worn on your primary arm.
- WARNING: Be very careful not to let your bracelet get too near any electrical outlets. Unplug chargers and electrical cords with your opposite hand while wearing your charm bracelet. This will ensure a safe distance between the metal on your bracelet and the live electrical socket.
- Remove your bracelet before any vigorous physical activity to ensure it does not get caught and cause injury or become damaged due to force.
Handbags & Purses
- Limit exposure to direct sunlight and direct heat.
- Keep the outside of your bag dry and do not use harsh chemical cleaners.
- The inside and outside of each bag can be cleaned with a damp cloth and air dried.